Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ)
- SCI 599 – History of Science for the Science Classroom (website)
- TSM 350 – Perspectives on Science
- TSM 450 – Project-Based Instruction (example syllabus)
- SCI 560 – Science Methods I (example syllabus)
- SCI 561 – Science Methods II (example syllabus)
- SCI 611 – Science Curriculum and Instruction (example syllabus)
- SCI 613 – Nature of Science: Historical and Philosophical Perspectives (website)
- SCI 610 – Science Teaching and Learning (example syllabus)
Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR)
- SED 412/512 – Technology in Science and Mathematics Education
- SED 413/513 – The Nature of Science
- SED 509 – Student Teaching Practicum
- SED 509 – Project Based Learning
- SED 573 & 577 – Science Pedagogy & Technology I & II (example syllabus)
- SED 599 – History of Science for the Science Classroom (course website)
Earth Expeditions @ Miami University (Oxford, OH)
- ZOO/GLG/BOT 698Z – Primate Conservation (Borneo)
- ZOO/GLG/BOT/IES 693 – Environmental Education (Trinidad and Tobago)
- ZOO/GLG/BOT/IES 699 – Conservation Education (Namibia)
Willamette University (Salem, OR)
- EDUC 535 – Methods and Research in Science Education
- EDUC 556 – Classroom Management
- EDUC 568 – Methods and Strategies for English Language Learners
- Science-in-Action Report – students read a science book intended for a general audience (e.g., The Double Helix) and use it to illustrate the nature of science.
- History of Science Final Project – students focus on one episode from the history of science and create a story and an activity at their students’ level.
- Everyday Practice of Science Assignment – students read Grinnell’s Everyday Practice of Science, focusing on his description of modern scientific practice.
- Classroom Context Paper – students extract from course readings in the philosophy and history of science as well as the science studies literature specific recommendations for understandings about the nature of science that should be included in the K-12 (or university) context.