Northern Arizona University (Flagstaff, AZ)
- SCI 599 - History of Science for the Science Classroom (course website)
- TSM 450 – Project-Based Instruction (example syllabus)
- SCI 611 – Science Curriculum and Instruction (example syllabus)
- SCI 613 - Nature of Science: Historical and Philosophical Perspectives (example syllabus)
- SCI 610 – Science Teaching and Learning (example syllabus)
Oregon State University (Corvallis, OR)
- SED 412/512 – Technology in Science and Mathematics Education
- SED 413/513 – The Nature of Science
- SED 509 – Student Teaching Practicum
- SED 509 – Project Based Learning
- SED 573 & 577 – Science Pedagogy & Technology I & II (example syllabus)
- SED 599 – History of Science for the Science Classroom (course website)
Earth Expeditions @ Miami University (Oxford, OH)
- ZOO/GLG/BOT 698Z – Primate Conservation (Borneo)
- ZOO/GLG/BOT/IES 693 – Environmental Education (Trinidad and Tobago)
- ZOO/GLG/BOT/IES 699 – Conservation Education (Namibia)
Willamette University (Salem, OR)
- EDUC 535 – Methods and Research in Science Education
- EDUC 556 – Classroom Management
- EDUC 568 – Methods and Strategies for English Language Learners
- Science-in-Action Report - students read a science book intended for a general audience (e.g., The Double Helix) and use it to illustrate the nature of science.
- History of Science Final Project - students focus on one episode from the history of science and create a story and an activity at their students’ level.
- Everyday Practice of Science Assignment - students read Grinnell’s Everyday Practice of Science, focusing on his description of modern scientific practice.
- Philosophy and History of Science Classroom Context Paper - students extract from their understandings of the philosophy and history of science specific recommendations for understandings about the nature of science that should be included in the K-12 (or university) context.