Science education resources
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Tools for Ambitious Science Teaching – Dr. Mark Windschitl’s project involving ambitious teaching of high-leverage practices and model-based inquiry for secondary science teachers.
- Story Behind the Science – Dr. Michael Clough’s collection of history of science stories for undergraduate science courses.
- Understanding Science – A very useful site on the nature of science from the University of California Museum of Paleontology.
- Understanding Evolution – Another great site on teaching evolution from the University of California Museum of Paleontology.
- Teaching Works – The site for Dr. Deborah Ball’s project on practice-based teacher education. Hosts a very nice seminar series.
- National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science – Provides science case studies for use in K-12 through graduate school.
- Science Education
- Journal of Research in Science Teaching
- Science & Education
- International Journal of Science Education
- Journal of Science Teacher Education
- International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education
- Research in Science Education
- Cultural Studies of Science Education
- School Science and Mathematics
- Journal of Science Education and Technology
- The Science Teacher
- Science Scope
- The American Biology Teacher
- The Physics Teacher
- Journal of Chemistry Education
- Journal of Geoscience Education
- National Association of Research in Science Teaching (NARST)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- International History, Philosophy and Science Teaching Group (IHPST)
- National Science Teacher Association (NSTA)
- Association for Science Teacher Education (ASTE)
Science education funding opportunities
- National Science Foundation (subscribe to e-mail updates)
- Discovery Research K-12 (DRK-12)
- Transforming Undergraduate Education in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (TUES)
- Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers (ITEST)
- Math and Science Partnership (MSP)
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- Advancing Informal STEM Learning (AISL)
- Research and Evaluation on Education in Science and Engineering (REESE)
- Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute – Grants for Science Educators
- The Noyce Foundation – Informal Science
- The Spencer Foundation
- U.S. Department of Education
- NOAA – Office of Education
- Foundation Center